WestStar Credit Union offers a courtesy overdraft program which may provide payment of checks, ACH/EFT transactions, and debit card transactions from checking accounts, when all available funds from all specified overdraft sources have been depleted.* For debit card overdraft protection, you must complete the Debit Card Overdraft Protection form. Overdrafts that result from using an ATM machine or a transaction with a teller will not qualify for courtesy overdraft.
The credit union may clear checks, debit card transactions (opt-in required), and ACH/EFT transactions when there are no available funds**. We will charge you a fee up to $38.50 each time we pay an overdraft.
Courtesy Overdraft program requirements (effective 4/17/2017):
- Must be 18 years and older
- Must be in good standing, with no WCU loans past due and have not caused WCU to incur a loss.
- Have an active:
- Simple or SilverStar Checking open for 90 days. Eligible for $750 (inclusive of fees).
- Fresh Start Checking open for 90 days with direct deposit. Eligible for $300 (inclusive of fees).
- Accounts must be brought to a positive balance within 30 days or the Courtesy Overdraft program will be revoked.
All members who qualify will be automatically enrolled in the check/ACH/EFT Courtesy Overdraft program. You must complete the separate Debit Card Overdraft Protection opt-in form in order to include debit card transactions in the courtesy overdraft program.
If you do not want to participate, you may opt out of courtesy overdraft using this form.