Smart Money Checking
Ok. You're smart. But are you ready to be money smart?
Students 15+, you can finally get an account that gives you the freedom to manage your money your way. With a Debit Mastercard, you'll have access to 30,000 ATMs nationwide and the power and protection of Mastercard for your spending needs. You can get direct deposit from your job - or deposit checks at an ATM, a branch, or Mobile Deposit on your smart phone. You'll be all set to start building a savings stash and manage your spending the smart way.
- Available to students age 15+*
- No minimum balance
- No monthly service fee
- Free Debit Mastercard® with CardCash™ rewards
- Free online banking & bill pay
- Free Mobile Banking with Mobile Deposit
- Access to 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs
- Free 24/7 telephone banking
- Direct deposit available
- No minimum deposit to open
Use your WestStar Credit Union Debit Mastercard® with CardCash™ Debit Rewards on your qualified non-PIN debit card purchases, and receive up to 1% cash back on the items you buy. That's unlimited cash we put back into your checking account*.
Signing up for CardCash™ Debit Rewards is free. Once enrolled, you will receive a welcome email with your account login credentials. You will also receive a monthly eStatement and be able to track your earnings online.
- Available only on Perks Checking and Smart Money Accounts
- No monthly fees or finance charges
- No minimum or maximum balance requirements
- Allows you to earn up to 1% monthly cash rewards on qualified purchases
- It's easy- just choose CREDIT at the register
*Terms and conditions apply
*Please refer to our “Important Account Information for Our Members” Booklet for further account information. The Smart Money Account is a transactional account available to members 15 to 24 years of age. Smart Money accountholders under 18 must have a legal adult, who must qualify for membership, as a joint account owner. Direct Deposit is available. Debit MasterCard can be issued to any Smart Money accountholder. No minimum balance requirement and no monthly fees. The Smart Money Account is not eligible for the Courtesy Overdraft Program.Please refer to our separate fee schedule for additional information.