If you’re looking to establish or rebuild your credit history, a secured loan from WestStar Credit Union may be the answer. Because this loan is backed by your share savings or by a certificate, you’ll get rates similar to a regular loan while you rebuild your credit worthiness.
Whatever option you choose, you can be assured that we have your best interest in mind. Let us help you pay your way into a brighter future — apply for a secured loan today!
Share Secured Loans
If you have little or no credit, a share secured loan will help you create healthy credit history. It works just like a regular loan.
- Your credit limit is based on your deposit of at least $250
- Your deposit amount is held in your account as collateral
- Borrow any dollar amount, up to 90% of your available account balance
- Loan amount is distributed in one lump sum for your use
- Regular on-time payments build or repair your credit history
- Amount held as collateral is pledged against the loan
- As your loan is paid, the secured funds are released back into your account
If you have little or no credit and would like to build your credit history, our Secured Mastercard® is available for any of our credit cards and works just like a regular credit card!
- Your credit limit is based on your deposit of at least $300 that is held as collateral in your account
- Make purchases on your card up to the collateral amount
- Limits starting at $300
- Make monthly payments toward your card balance
- Regular on-time payments create positive credit history
- Opportunity to convert to a regular, unsecured credit card
Certificate Secured Loans
You don’t have to pay early withdrawal penalties on your term certificate. Instead of cashing in your certificate before it matures, you can access your funds with a certificate secured loan.
- Minimum loan amount of $250
- Borrow up to 90% of your certificate
- Low interest rates
- Make on-time monthly payments to build credit while you watch your money grow
- Full access to your funds without early certificate redemption