Watch the rewards stack up with Perks Checking! Now FREE for 3 months!
Secure your peace of mind. It's one of the most important benefits your financial institution can provide. With unrivaled security and smart savings - it's simple! With Perks Checking*, it's easier to protect your finances, save money on everyday purchases, and enjoy your life. All for only $5 a month (after 3 months.) That's something you can bank on.
- Earn up to 1% cash back on qualified non-PIN debit transactions*
- Qualify for a 0.25% rate discount on Personal and Car Loans+!
- Identity Theft Protection & Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Protection
- Travel & Leisure Discount Membership
- Debit AdvantageTM Purchase Protection
- Shopping RewardsTM
- Health Discount Savings
Already a member?
Our Perks Checking Account pays for itself with all these incredible features and benefits. Take advantage of the Perks today!
Earn up to 1% cash back with CardCashTM Debit Rewards
Use your WestStar Credit Union Debit Mastercard® with CardCash™ Debit Rewards on your qualified non-PIN debit card purchases and receive up to 1% cash back on the items you buy. That's unlimited cash we put back into your checking account*.
Signing up for CardCash™ Debit Rewards is free. Once enrolled, you will receive a welcome email with your account login credentials. You will also receive a monthly eStatement and be able to track your earnings online.
- Available only on Perks Checking and Smart Money Accounts
- No monthly fees or finance charges
- No minimum or maximum balance requirements
- Earn up to 1% monthly cash rewards on qualified purchases
- It's easy - just choose CREDIT at the register
*Terms and conditions apply
Qualify for a 0.25% rate discount on Personal and Car Loans
If you have Direct Deposit coming into your Perks Checking Account (min. $500 per month), you'll qualify for a 0.25% rate discount on Personal and Car Loans+! We call this savings on top of savings.
Identity Theft Protection & Reimbursement
You can rest easy knowing that IDProtect®, our identity theft monitoring and resolution service, can help better protect you and your family’s identities1:
- Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Coverage2 - Receive up to $10,000 to help pay expenses, clear your name, and repair damaged credit - should you become the victim of identity theft.
- Comprehensive Identity Theft Resolution Services - Should you suffer identity theft, your very own IDProtect fraud resolution specialist will help you every step of the way until your identity is restored.
- Debit and Credit Card Registration - Register your credit, debit and ATM cards and have peace of mind knowing you can call one toll-free number to cancel and request replacement cards should your cards become lost or stolen. (Registration/activation required.)
- 3-in-1 Credit File Monitoring - IDProtect will monitor your Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion credit files daily, and automatically alert you if key changes occur. (Registration/activation required.)
- 3-in-1 Credit Report - Request an updated credit report every 90 days or upon receipt of alert. Each new report includes an updated single bureau credit score. (Registration/activation required.)
- Total Identity Monitoring - Monitoring of over 1,000 databases. (Registration/activation required.)
- Online Identity Theft News Center and Valuable Phone and Web Resources (Registration/activation required.)
Cell Phone Protection2
Receive up to $300 of replacement or repair costs if your cell phone is stolen or damaged, in the U.S. and abroad. (Cellular telephone bill must be paid through this account.)
Travel & Leisure Discount Membership
Money-saving discounts from thousands of local and national businesses. You can redeem and print coupons online or access discounts from your smartphone. Digital Access makes saving super easy and convenient, giving instant savings anywhere, and anytime. (Registration/enrollment required.)
Debit AdvantageTM Purchase Protection
Buyer’s Protection & Extended Warranty2 - Buyer’s Protection covers items for ninety days from the date of purchase against accidental breakage, fire, or theft. Extended Warranty extends the U.S. manufacturer’s original written warranty up to one full year on most new retail purchases if the warranty is less than five years. (Item(s) must be purchased entirely with eligible account.)
Receiving Shopping Rewards is simple! As a member, you have access to exclusive offers and discounts at thousands of leading online retailers. Simply shop online using our customized shopping portal and receive cash back. Your cash back will be held in your Shopping Rewards account to use towards future purchases or conveniently sent to you as a check. Yes, it’s that easy! (Registration/activation required. Available online only.)
Health Discount Savings
Enjoy savings on vision, prescriptions, and dental services. (Registration/activation required.) This is NOT insurance.
Already a member?
Our Perks Checking Account pays for itself with all of these incredible features and benefits. Take advantage of the Perks today!
Fee subject to change. See fee schedule for current monthly fee.
*Perks Checking is not available to businesses, clubs, organizations and/or churches and their members, schools and their employees/students. Members with a Fresh Start Checking do not qualify to upgrade to a Perks Checking.
+On approved credit. Discount will be given on the approved rate on any new Signature Loan or New/Used Auto Loan added to the qualified account. Cannot be combined with any other offers.
1 IDProtect service is a personal identity theft protection service available to personal checking account owners, their joint account owners and their eligible family members. For revocable grantor trusts, the service is available only when a grantor is serving as a trustee and covers the grantor trustee(s) and their eligible family members. For all other fiduciary accounts, the service covers the beneficiary, who must be the primary member, and their eligible family members (Fiduciary is not covered). Family includes: Spouse, persons qualifying as domestic partner, and children under 25 years of age and parent(s) of the account holder who are residents of the same household.
2 Special Insurance Program Notes: The descriptions herein are summaries only. They do not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Insurance is offered through the company named on the certificate of insurance.
Insurance Products are not insured by NCUA or any Federal Government Agency; Not a deposit of or guaranteed by the credit union or any credit union affiliate.